Do you usually shop DIY beauty essentials from the nearest beauty shops? Do you think you spend a fortune of money in tubes finishing up every one or two months?
Why don’t you try to create your own online business with DIY beauty essentials? It is a profitable business that will attract many customers from the very first day. Who doesn’t love the sense of smelling natural products or the texture of the skin after applying them?
In 2021, we can say that both women and men are addicted to organic DIY beauty products. Our face and skin are important, and everyone pays attention to beauty.
It is not impossible to create your own DIY beauty essentials; all you need is to follow the recipes, and you’ll be able to create a home business that can save you from the regular working hours.
Find below a list of easy recipes and ideas that can help you realize your dream and become a beauty retail expert.
Brown Sugar Coconut Oil Scrub
Have you ever tried a brown sugar scrub? Sugar is a natural product that gently exfoliates the skin, and the oil works as the best moisturizer. You can use your brown sugar and oil scrub not only for your face but also for your feet, shoulders, back, etc. It is almost summer, and we need to think of every part of our body!
Supplies you need
- 4 oz jar
- 2 parts Brown Sugar
- 1 part Coconut Oil (even the cheapest one will work)
How to make it
- Add one part of coconut oil to a jar, and melt it using your oven or your microwave.
- Then gently mix your liquid coconut oil with the brown sugar until it has a consistent texture.
- Place your mixture on a proper container and close the lid tightly.
The best way to use your new product
Stir up the mixture with a spoon or your finger before every usage. You always need to have a consistent and blended texture. Apply on your skin in a circular motion to exfoliate and polish your skin.
If you are about to sell this DIY beauty essential, remember to add the instructions on your jar; consumers always appreciate the instructions.
The brown sugar coconut oil scrub is a wonderful product, suitable for any skin type. Exfoliation is a must to unplug the pores and keep the skin healthy and shiny, so why don’t you try it?
DIY Exfoliating Oatmeal Soap Bars
Oatmeal soap bars are one of the most accessible products to make and sell. People love everything that comes into soap’s shape. Oatmeal works as a gentle and soothing exfoliator that is suitable for any skin type and age. Whole families prefer to use it as a primary cleansing ingredient.
The recipe is easy and straightforward; you have nothing to worry about, and you can create your DIY soap bars in few minutes. The total time you need is 3 hours 35 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Active Time: 25 minutes
- Cooling Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 35 minutes
Supplies you need
- ¼ cup gluten-free oatmeal
- 350 grams shea butter melt and pour soap (chose your favorite type)
- 10 drops of your essential oils (any smells that you like)
- Rubbing alcohol
- Double Boiler
- Silicone mold of your choice
How to make it
- Add the oatmeal into your blender and turn it into a powder.
- Sprinkle the bottom of your mold with the ground oatmeal.
- Melt the soap in low heat using the double boiler; blend it frequently in order to be fully melted.
- Once it is fully liquid, allow it to coοl for 3-4 minutes.
- Add a few drops of your essential oils until you have reached the desired smell.
- You can add as many drops as you want but do not slip from the safe level.
- Pour the melted soap over oatmeal powder. If you notice any air bubbles at the surface, spray them with rubbing alcohol, and they will disappear.
- Allow your mixture to harden up inside the mold and turn into soap bars. Let them rest for 3 to 4 hours before you pop them out of the molds.
Oatmeal soap bars are handmade products that you’ll love. The natural ingredients allow to cleanse and exfoliate your skin gently. People will definitely invest some money in order to create the perfect soothing skin.
Handmade Bath Bombs
Invest your efforts on relaxation. People are looking for ways to push away the stress of a long week, and bath products are a perfect way to succeed. DIY craft bath bombs with beautiful scents and colors will attach to people’s hearts.
All you need are:
- 100g baking soda
- 50g citric acid
- 25g cornflour
- 1/2 cup Epsom salt.
- 2 tbsp oil – like coconut, sunflower, or olive oil
- ¼ tsp essential oil, such as chamomile or lavender
- a few drops of liquid food coloring
- orange peel, lavender, or rose petals, to decorate (optional)
Thirty minutes of your time are enough to create handmade bath bombs. When it comes to the mold, you can be flexible. Search around your home for everything you could use.
However, it would be best to remember that you should mix all the materials quickly and push them on the mold as soon as possible. And…if you have more than one color, why don’t you try to make a rainbow bath bomb?
Whipped Gingerbread Body Butter
The gingerbread body butter leaves your skin smelling paradise but also smoothens it. A body butter creates soft, silky, and glowing skin. It is a DIY beauty essential that will surprise you with multiple benefits.
Supplies you need
- 1/2 cup Shea butter
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Almond oil
- 2 teaspoons Ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Vitamin E capsules or 2 teaspoons
Step by step guide
- Blend shea butter, coconut oil, almond oil, and one teaspoon of ginger
- Melt the mixture in the microwave for 30 seconds, stirring the ingredients again thoroughly.
- Repeat until the mixture is fully liquid.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 20 minutes, and then place it on the refrigerator for 15 more minutes.
- Place the mixture in the blender or the bowl of a hand/stand mixer.
- Add on your primary mixture the remaining ginger, vanilla extract, vitamin E, and cinnamon.
- Blend them until all the ingredients are fluffy and smooth. The result should be like a whipped cream.
- Scoop body butter into a beautiful jar.
- If you want a more firm mixture, store your body butter in the refrigerator.
The Gingerbread Body Butter is a paradise mixture to sell. When someone tries it, never want to leave it again. If you wish loyal/regular customers for your business, this is the best product to create.
DIY natural sunscreen
While summer approaches, we need to be fully careful with the sun. The sun is definitely beautiful, and we are looking forward to it; however, it can be proven quite harmful and damaging for our skin.
Sunscreen is essential all year round; however, conventional sunscreens contain toxic ingredients. There are plenty of handmade sunscreen recipes, but only a few of them actually protect your skin from cancer-causing UVB and UVA rays.
However, aloe vera has been proven that treats and prevents burns on any type of skin. So why don’t you try to create a sunscreen based on aloe vera?
Supplies you need for your DIY sunscreen.
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (has 7 SPF)
- 2 teaspoons of ground zinc oxide
- 1/4 cup aloe vera gel (more than 50% pure aloe vera)
- 25 drops walnut extract oil for scent
- an added SPF for extra protection
- 1 cup shea butter for a spreadable texture
How to make it
- Add all the ingredients in a saucepan, apart from the zinc oxide and aloe vera gel.
- Let the ingredients melt together in medium heat.
- Let the mixture cool down for some minutes before you stir the aloe vera.
- Cool it completely, and then add the zinc oxide.
- Make sure that the zinc is distributed entirely on the mixture
- Store it in a glass jar, and keep it in a cool and dry place.
Of course, there is a limit on the protection that a sunscreen can offer. So advise your customers to stay protected. You need to be careful with the instructions and refer to your jar for the exact protection of your product.
Creating DIY beauty essentials was a part of many cultures around the world. Nowadays, the handmade beauty essentials and products have had a revival, and the green movement is in line again.
The growth of DIY beauty essentials means that it is the correct time to create a business with beauty products and promote them online. It is now a trend. and you can find DIY skin care products everywhere.
Be creative and learn how to combine the textures and the scents, and you will create a profitable business that will thrive in the beauty world. All you need is a small investment of money and time!
If you love reading this article and want some extra recipes you want to add to your beauty business, read the ”DIY beauty products” articles, and you are ready to start.